Welcome to AmeriForce Media, publisher of Military Families, Reserve & National Guard, and Military Influencer. We strive to build relationships with writers and photographers, while elevating the stories of today’s military community. We’re glad you found us! Please read all of the information below before submitting your pitch to ensure your idea is a good fit for our editorial needs.
We also recommend that writers take the time to learn our voice by subscribing for free to the following: Military Families and Reserve & National Guard
Let’s get social: MF Facebook and RNG Facebook
Examples of articles we accept:
- Personal perspective essays about your experiences with military life. Ex. 4 reasons to take a gap year after military retirement
- Interview-style profiles that describe a living or historical person or group, animal, community, company, or organization who have a connection to the military. Ex. Mattis talks leadership, career progression
- Informative articles that offer key tips of advice. Ex. 5 pro tips to make your next PCS move more organized
- Content that describes the current happenings at military installations. Ex. Families stationed in Germany get creative during lockdown
- Short narratives that revolve around a timely subject that is relevant to our readers. Ex. My life-changing visit to Arlington National Cemetery
- News reporting and event coverage. Ex. Units press on with annual training requirements
- Policy or military benefits updates. Ex. Education opportunities expanded for Army Guard
The DOs of pitching AmeriForce Media:
- DO briefly summarize your story idea in no more than two paragraphs.
- DO tell us who (if applicable) you would interview for the story. We prefer stories to have at least two credible sources.
- DO include 1-2 links of your previously published work.
- DO provide us a brief biography.
- DO pitch us stories that connect to larger themes and issues that think outside the box.
- DO specify what platform of ours that you are pitching, and whether you think it’s a better fit for print or digital.
- DO tell us if you can provide images that correlate to your topic.
- DO pitch us ideas that we have not already published.
- DO grammar and spell check before hitting submit.
- DO keep story ideas politically neutral.
Please note: We adhere to AP Style and expect our writers to cut our editing time as much as possible by turning in the cleanest copy possible.
Payment for stories varies on whether the article is for digital or print, the word count, the writer’s experience, the time and effort the story requires, and whether original photography is provided. Payment ranges anywhere from $75 to $200 USD. Editorial staff carefully determines the rate.
Ready to connect? How to pitch AmeriForce Media:
Submit your pitch by clicking here: PITCH US. We try to respond to every submission, but please allow 2 to 4 weeks for a response.